Who can enter the doctoral program of the Kazakhstan Medical University “KSPH”?
Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign citizens and stateless persons who have a Master’s degree and work experience of at least 1 (one) year or who have completed residency training in medical specialties with work experience of at least 3 (three) years are accepted to the doctoral program of the Kazakhstan Medical University “KSPH” (hereinafter – KMU “KSPH”).
Upon admission of a master of the profile direction to the PhD doctoral program, the educational program of postgraduate education of the pedagogical profile of the scientific and pedagogical master’s degree is additionally established as prerequisites.
Terms of the beginning and completion of admission to the doctoral program
Acceptance of applications to the doctoral program of KMU “KSPH” is carried out by the admission committee from July 3 to August 3 of the calendar year.
Entrance exams for groups of educational programs for doctoral studies are held from 4 to 20 August of the calendar year.
Enrollment – until August 28 of the calendar year.
What documents are required for admission to the doctoral program of the KMU “KSPH”?
Persons entering the doctoral program submit the following documents to the admissions committee of the KMU “KSPH”:
- 1. Application addressed to the head of the organization (Appendix 1);
- 2. the document on education (original);
- 3. copy of the identity document;
- 4. six photos measuring 3×4 centimeters;
- 5. electronic certificate confirming the proficiency in a foreign language (English, German, French) for the following programs:
- – IELTS threshold score-at least 5.5;
- – IELTS INDICATOR threshold score-at least 5.5;
- – TOEFL ITP threshold score – at least 460 points;
- – TOEFL IBT threshold score-at least 46;
- – TOEFL PBT threshold score-at least 453;
- – Duolingo English Test (Duolingo English Test) threshold score-at least 85;
- – Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR, threshold score – B2);
- – Deutsche Sprachpruеfung fuеr den Hochschulzugang (DSH, Niveau B2/level B2);
- – TestDaF-Prufung (Niveau B2/level B2);
- – Test de Franзais International™ (TFI– not below the level B2 according to the sections of the reading and listening);
- – Diplom ed Etudesen Langue franзaise (DELF, level B2);
- – Diplome Approfondi de Langue française (DALF, level B2);
- – Test de connaise du français (TCF – at least 50 points).
- 6. personal personnel record sheet or other document confirming employment, certified by the personnel service at the place of work;
- 7. . list of scientific and methodological works (scientific publications, research plan, essays and other documents) for the last 3 calendar years (if available, fill out Appendix 2);
- 8. results of the preliminary selection (in the field of education ” Health and social security (medicine)”).
The documents listed in sub-paragraphs 6) and 7) are provided in originals and copies, after verification of which the originals are returned to the applicant.
If you provide an incomplete list of documents, the admission committee does not accept documents from applicants
Where and when are the entrance exams for admission to the doctoral program of KMU “KSPH” taken?
The applicant passes the entrance exam for the group of educational programs of doctoral studies only in the university and scientific organization to which he enters.
Admission to the number of doctoral students is carried out on the basis of the results of the entrance exam for groups of educational programs of doctoral studies and a certificate confirming foreign language proficiency in accordance with the common European competencies (standards) of foreign language proficiency.
The list of questions to prepare for the entrance exam will be posted on the website of the KMU “KSPH”. The entrance exam programs and the schedule for the groups of educational programs (form, date, time and place) will be posted on the website www.ksph.kz 3 (three) days before the start of the entrance exam.
What educational programs of doctoral studies are being recruited to the KMU “KSPH” for the 2020-2021 academic year?
In the 2020-2021 academic year, CMU “VSHOZ” plans to train specialists in two educational programs of doctoral studies in the field of healthcare:
1. D139 ” Public health»
2. D141 ” Medicine»
What is the form and direction of doctoral studies?
Training in the doctoral program of KMU “KSPH” is carried out only on a full-time basis with a training period of three years.
The direction is scientific and pedagogical. The scientific and pedagogical direction involves fundamental educational, methodological and research training and in-depth study of health care disciplines for the system of higher and postgraduate education and the scientific sphere. Persons who have mastered the doctoral program in the scientific and pedagogical direction and defended their dissertation are awarded the degree of “Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)”. The PhD doctoral program ensures the improvement of the process of training scientific and pedagogical personnel in accordance with international requirements and the principles of the Bologna Process.
What does the degree “Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)”give?
Doctor of Philosophy is one of the representatives of the scientific and pedagogical staff of the higher school of the Republic of Kazakhstan. This academic degree gives great prospects for self-realization, the opportunity to engage in scientific and pedagogical activities at universities to achieve their goals in science. It opens up the possibility of entering into partnerships with foreign colleagues, sharing experience with scientists from leading world universities, foreign internships for advanced training, lecturing and conducting research in leading research centers, further improving the level of foreign language proficiency, and career opportunities.
*The rules for accepting documents for admission to doctoral programs may be amended. Follow the changes on the site www.ksph.kz
How to contact us?
Department of Postgraduate Education of KMU ” KSPH»
Tel.: +7727 337 80 18 (ext. 103), +7771 780 76 67
Write to us on WhatsApp
Our address: Almaty, 19A Utepova str., 1st floor, office 103.
We look forward to seeing you at our doctoral programs!